Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Cigarette

source

Assalamualaikum and anneyonghaseyo~

Today I would like to rant about people who smoke, especially the ones who smoke at the restaurant. To be more specific, those fathers who smoke directly in front of their young kids. There are 2 main points - smoking in restaurant and smoking in front of kids.

1) Smoking in the restaurant: for me is generally rude. People come to the restaurant to get something to eat, something to fill the stomach with foods, not the lungs with the smoke filled with poisons and carcinogens. People go to the restaurant to enjoy the food and spend quality time with family or friends, not to be irritated with the sight of a bunch of people smoking and the smell of the cigarette smoke. Should the restaurant provide a smoke-free area (not only provide, just say no smoking at the place, please).

2) Smoking in the front of kids: for me is like killing the children in silence. The secondhand smoke emitted from the cigarette affects bystanders or other people more than the smoker he or herself. Children don't have a good immunity system to fight with the poisonous smoke. I always see families that bring children especially the really young kids (and even baby) but the the fathers carelessly smoked in front of them. I don't think I have enough confidence and bravery but I could only tell myself that I shouldn't do that and I hate it! Sigh. The kids...

source


Okay up to this point today~
see you :D

Assalamualaikum & anneyong~

No comments: